Board of Directors
Our community economic development program is managed by a community representative Board of Directors.
- Provide governance for the organization, represent it in the community and ultimately accept legal responsibility for it.
- Act on behalf and represent the views of the CFDC’s constituents – the citizens of the community.
- Have the principal responsibility for the carrying out of the organization’s mission and strategic objectives.
- Accomplish their functions through attendance at regular meetings plus participation on committees and sub-committees.
- Charged with four phases of organizational development planning, organization, operations, and audit/evaluation.
Current Board Members
HERMAN VAN DEN BERG
Dr. Herman van den Berg is Associate Professor in the Faculty of Business Administration at the Orillia campus of Lakehead University. He is a director and president of the Orillia and Area Community Development Corporation and serves on the corporation’s executive and investment committees. He is also director and president of the strategic and financial consulting services firm, Procerity Inc. He currently does not have any direct or indirect beneficial ownership of securities in Future Health Services. Prior to beginning his academic career, Dr. van den Berg served in successively more senior managerial positions at an electrical utility, a financial institution, and an environmental services firm. He has management experience in the areas of corporate analysis, capital investment evaluation, project structuring, business plan preparation, and financial forecasting. He has also held public office as a trustee on two separate school boards. Dr. van den Berg holds an Honours B.B.A. with an Economics Option, an MBA in Finance, and a Ph.D. in Strategic Management. Lakehead University- Dr. Herman van den Berg, Procerity Inc.
|Southwestern Integrated Fibre Technology Inc.|